Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Beginnings

Well, once again I find myself severely amused by the fact that I can get... oh, a few people following me. But, such is life. I mean, who wouldn't rather waste 5 hours a day staring mindlessly at facebook as opposed to reading a blog for 5 minutes? Okay, a little bitter, but that's probably due to the fact that I've been sitting at Starbucks for the past 3 hours due to the fact that I have yet to get internet set up at my new apartment and it makes getting ready for classes tomorrow highly ineffective.

So, updates, because I like hearing myself speak, or, I guess, seeing myself write.

WRITING:
Multiple rejections, but I guess it's just making me push forward even more. I'm still entered in those aforementioned contests (go to the previous post for the link). You have to make an account of comment or "heart", but hey, if you want to spend a few seconds supporting me, I'd be most appreciative.

I'm thinking about taking one of my adult novels and YA'ing it (making it young adult) and seeing how that checks out in the writing world and market. Maybe I just need to send out a different thing to get some positive feedback. We'll see. I'm going to get through my first week of classes and really crack down this weekend on some more writing. Hopefully this lack of internet will push me forward, although it would be useful in the whole researching of agents area.

CLASSES:
I've literally been sitting at Starbucks hoping that this idiotic school website will start working so I can actually view my class schedule. Seriously, at this point I have no idea where my 8am class is, or even what it is. Really, quite a good start to the year if I do say so myself. Oh well, senior year.... I am hoping that the site will right itself out because calling the school has been absolutely useless. I think I'm going to harangue them a bit later and try my luck again. At this point, I'm just happy to be out of the apartment in sort-of in the sun.

HOME:
My new apartment is actually quite amazing. Nothing like the beach shanty/doublewide I lived in last year (and that really was a fun experience). I've got a closet with more space than I know how to fill, a bathroom where I can actually stand up straight in the shower (wahoo!), and a delightfully large room that I have FINALLY set up to completion. And I've gotten food and a ridiculously comfortable bed. So life is pretty good. Granted, I'm ready for life to start, if I ever figure out this whole class thing.

LIFE:
Well, I've got a nanny job set up again, same family, so I'll have a little income, which is nice, my class schedule is easy, which opens up socializing time, and I really am ready for a little bit of scheduling once again. I can't wait to get back into the swing of academic (albeit much lighter than last year) life before that whole real world thing. Anyhow, updates for now seem complete. Let's hope tomorrow goes smoothly, although I can't seem to make myself care THAT much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment